Recommendations for gloves please.

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Gongster

Supporting Member
Marketplace
This post relates to hide work. I keep everything as dark as possible when I'm in my hide. However I'm well aware that the palest things, and things that are likely to move, are my hands. This could be a distraction to anything I'm attempting to photograph of course. I've yet to discover a pair of gloves that are lightweight and sensitive enough to allow me to easily operate all the buttons, dials etc. on my equipment. Keeping warm is not an issue, keeping my hands dark and dexterous is what I want to achieve.
Any suggestions will be gratefully received.
Thanks,
Mike.

If you do not mind a bit of warmth, Smartwool makes a black liner glove that is quite thin and allows quite a bit of finger dexterity. I am sure there are thinner liners out there, but I have always found these to be comfortable. The other place I would suggest looking is REI or the like. There generally is a category called "Liners" and they vary widely.

Good luck,

--Ken

I’ve picked up a pair of light neoprene camouflaged gloves from Cabela’s, the inside tag is labeled TrueTimber for approximately $15.00. They have a good fit and feel, I’m able to work the controls of my D7500 with no issues.

I’ve picked up a pair of light neoprene camouflaged gloves from Cabela’s, the inside tag is labeled TrueTimber for approximately $15.00. They have a good fit and feel, I’m able to work the controls of my D7500 with no issues.
Splendid, thanks very much.

I use the gloves made for use by sound people on sets, i.e. Setwear Stealth gloves which come in an olive green or in black. The bike full length black gloves from Pearl Isumi work well if you get the plain ones with reinforcements or gel. Another glove that works are the ones made to be used as glove liners.

I use the gloves made for use by sound people on sets, i.e. Setwear Stealth gloves which come in an olive green or in black. The bike full length black gloves from Pearl Isumi work well if you get the plain ones with reinforcements or gel. Another glove that works are the ones made to be used as glove liners.
Thanks Calson for taking the time to recommend those. (y)

Back