Recommendations for (mobile) power bank

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Hi, I plan to use Z8 (or Z6ii) + z lenses with the star tracker mount "Benro Polaris" for astrophotography projects. It all will be long-exp shots and long-sequence events. Suspect it will be a big power-consuming operation at all. So coming to mind put a power bank ready for these events be a must. Does anyone have any idea/recommendation about the brand, specs, etc? Appreciate.

I use this, it is still accepted by airlines in carry-on, and it is a very capable unit- I have a couple, they have been serving me well:

Thanks, beano. I did some research on this one. It looks quite powerful (140W). I wonder if a 60W PB works in my case. What kind of devices do you use to charge? Camera? Laptop? Can it be hooked to a tripod magnetically? How does it work in the field? Do you always connect it to the camera, iPhone, and star tracker even if those devices are fully charged at the beginning? So as you start to operate the devices the PB will continue to charge the devices... Sorry, I am inexperienced in this PB thing.

Thanks, beano. I did some research on this one. It looks quite powerful (140W). I wonder if a 60W PB works in my case. What kind of devices do you use to charge? Camera? Laptop? Can it be hooked to a tripod magnetically? How does it work in the field? Do you always connect it to the camera, iPhone, and star tracker even if those devices are fully charged at the beginning? So as you start to operate the devices the PB will continue to charge the devices... Sorry, I am inexperienced in this PB thing.
There is a smaller version of it as well, I grabbed a couple if I want to travel light: https://www.amazon.com.au/dp/B0BYNYBTYK?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_fed_asin_title

I use it to charge my camera, iPad, mobile phone, etc, when traveling. Generally, the PB will continue to charge my devices as I am using them.

That smaller one seems low power (30W, 10000mAh). So it will auto-stop and won't over/reverse charge. Good to know. Thanks. May get the expensive high-power (140W) one.

Back