Recovery Software

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Barbara

Supporting Member
Marketplace
Can anyone explain why Disk Drill found 8182 files on an almost new SD card that has recorded a total of 1317 images? DD did mark as "tagged" the 898 files that had been shot since the previous format, but where did it "find" all the others? (I ran the software because I thought I had formatted the card with unsaved files still on it, but happily I have since realized that was not the case.)

Can anyone explain why Disk Drill found 8182 files on an almost new SD card that has recorded a total of 1317 images? DD did mark as "tagged" the 898 files that had been shot since the previous format, but where did it "find" all the others? (I ran the software because I thought I had formatted the card with unsaved files still on it, but happily I have since realized that was not the case.)
Quick Format does not erase files, just resets the directory.

I don't think I stated the question very well. The card is almost new, has been used in only one camera, and the camera has taken just 1317 shots. How is it possible for the recovery software to "find" files that were never there?

I don't think I stated the question very well. The card is almost new, has been used in only one camera, and the camera has taken just 1317 shots. How is it possible for the recovery software to "find" files that were never there?
I misunderstood. Sorry.

Back