Red Ants

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

sh1209

Supporting Member
Marketplace
A5.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.
A1.jpg
A3.jpg
A2.jpg
A4.jpg

Nice! I take it your liking that macro lens. With Nikon bodies I've used the Nikon 60 and 105mm and the older Sigma 150 and newer Sigma 105 macro lenses and I feel like this 90mm Sony lens is at least as good as the Nikon 105 and better than the Sigma's and the Nikon 60 (more for reach/distance compared to the Nikon 60).

Nice! I take it your liking that macro lens. With Nikon bodies I've used the Nikon 60 and 105mm and the older Sigma 150 and newer Sigma 105 macro lenses and I feel like this 90mm Sony lens is at least as good as the Nikon 105 and better than the Sigma's and the Nikon 60 (more for reach/distance compared to the Nikon 60).
Thank you. I honestly think it might be the best macro lens I've used. I used both versions of the Nikon 105mm as well as the 200mm f/4 and this lens IMO is slightly better. I wish they would make a 150mm lol but this is really good for 90mm.

These are really nice! Did you use flash handheld?
Thank you. Yea sir I used on camera flash TTL with a 9” on flash diffuser. I almost feel it works better than off camera with this setup. I angle it down toward the lens as far as possible.
25A69667-62D3-467D-917A-12E3626BF9E2.jpeg

Nice setup! Who makes that diffuser?
I bought several setups over the years including 8-10 of these things and find this one is fantastic. The good thing about this one is it falls down some and all the other ones I’ve had would not do that. I bought this one off of Amazon I think it was around $20 and I’m thinking about buying another one just to have for a spare in case they stop making them.
44D17CEA-9F98-437C-B76E-9C9AC2534F9F.jpeg
27BB6BA5-4112-43A6-A151-F1FE1E9F4281.jpeg

I'll have to look into one of those. Does it come with that "snoot" that extends it from the flash?
No that’s just the speedlight itself. I have the Godox V1 which is the round head type. This will fit on the rectangular as well as the round.

Back