If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Boomklever  1 20210322 VR 105mm f-2.8G.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Nikon Z6ii with Sigma Macro 105mm 2.8, iso 1250 / f4/ 1/1000sec

Last edited:
Nice image! How did you get so close? It looks a lot like what we call a red-breasted nuthatch here in the US.
Beautiful Shot! đź‘Ťđź‘Ťđź‘ŤLooks like a Red-Breasted Nuthatch.
I don't live in the US but it definitely looks like a nuthatch. Short-toed treecreeper has brown with lighter spots back, nape and top of the head, a white belly and a slightly downward curved bill or beak( I don't know which term is more appropriate).

I love nuthatch. This one is very similar to the red breasted but as someone already pointed out not black on top of the head. Just as cute regardless. Nice techs. Did you pre-register focal point or let the camera AF?

It's a Eurasian Nuthatch. Looks superficially like a N. American Red-breasted Nuthatch, but habitat preferences are more like a N. American White-breasted Nuthatch. The female Red-breasted Nuthatch has a blue crown like this, but both sexes have a white "eyebrow", which this bird does not. Red-breasted is also a bit smaller. Lovely close-up, which I presume was taken somewhere in Europe or Asia.