Red Foxes

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

RecalcitrantRon

Supporting Member
Marketplace
In May I went up to San Juan Island to photograph Red Foxes. Regardless of their color, they are all Red Foxes by species. The site has become quite controversial over the years with many competing interests. You have nearby homeowners who take umbrage at visitors; business owners who like the dollars tourists bring in; fox advocates who want to protect them from intrusion; and photographers some of whom follow the rules and some who do not. Everyone that I encountered conducted themselves appropriately, but I heard some harrowing stories about homeowners threatening to go get a gun and shoot photographers (even though they were across the street from his property) and photographers who simply refused to stay on the trails and disturbing the fox dens. It was a really nice photography session so here's hoping that the various stakeholders work out their differences to everyone's benefit. In the meantime, a few photos. Question: are they too dark?

DSC_1863.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

DSC_2323.jpg

DSC_5600.jpg

In May I went up to San Juan Island to photograph Red Foxes. Regardless of their color, they are all Red Foxes by species. The site has become quite controversial over the years with many competing interests. You have nearby homeowners who take umbrage at visitors; business owners who like the dollars tourists bring in; fox advocates who want to protect them from intrusion; and photographers some of whom follow the rules and some who do not. Everyone that I encountered conducted themselves appropriately, but I heard some harrowing stories about homeowners threatening to go get a gun and shoot photographers (even though they were across the street from his property) and photographers who simply refused to stay on the trails and disturbing the fox dens. It was a really nice photography session so here's hoping that the various stakeholders work out their differences to everyone's benefit. In the meantime, a few photos. Question: are they too dark?

View attachment 42436
View attachment 42437
View attachment 42438
Excellent set👍👍👍

Back