Red rose

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

That's beautiful, Steven! I've been considering doing some flower stacks (my wife has a beautiful orchid in full bloom) but didn't think my meager SB-800s would keep up with my D500's 10fps. :ROFLMAO: Did the Godox keep up, or did you shoot at a slower frame rate?

That's beautiful, Steven! I've been considering doing some flower stacks (my wife has a beautiful orchid in full bloom) but didn't think my meager SB-800s would keep up with my D500's 10fps. :ROFLMAO: Did the Godox keep up, or did you shoot at a slower frame rate?
Thank you. Yes the strobe kept up but I was shooting 1 second exposures

Fantastic depth of field with that subject and the stack.

Why did you use 1 sec exposures? I have never considered doing that. What am I missing?

Also, how does the insect focus work on the A7RV? Especially with the 100-400? Is enough better to use it instead of the A1?

I am really thinking about getting that camera and leaving my Nikon on the Wemacro focus rail.

6 degrees here this am, so no bugs yet! (unless I buy them!)

Fantastic depth of field with that subject and the stack.

Why did you use 1 sec exposures? I have never considered doing that. What am I missing?

Also, how does the insect focus work on the A7RV? Especially with the 100-400? Is enough better to use it instead of the A1?

I am really thinking about getting that camera and leaving my Nikon on the Wemacro focus rail.

6 degrees here this am, so no bugs yet! (unless I buy them!)
I absolutely love the focus bracketing capabilities of the RV including the better articulating screen. I haven't tried it for insects but everything else I've tried has worked great. The autofocus in general is much better than the A1 in just about every scenario and IMO is a better camera. This would have been without any hesitation, the camera I would have chosen over the A1. I had to use 1 second exposures for one the room was too dark and the other reason I left a one second increment within the bracketing menu because I was using mechanical shutter and wanted to mitigate any vibration. I give this camera a solid 9.8/10 and would give it 10/10 if the battery life was a little better.

Back