If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

StarDust

Marketplace
Z9/ pf 500
Processed with DxO pl6 only. Not cropped. It was close to me I could not fit it to the frame. Not happy with the sharpness of the eyes. I could do better at this situation.

The sky is boring.

Z09_2623_DxO-1.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Last edited:
Birds in flight are uniquely challenging...against busy background they can get lost and/or lose separation...against a plain background the image can be visually lacking in some ways...and even with everything falling perfectly in place composition, shadow and light, wing position, etc. add to the challenge. It's a beautiful Kite, even if there are elements lacking. Thank you for sharing.

You got quite a few pixels on the bird. Never going to be an award winning shot but with some judicious PP and a crop you could make it look much better.

Hope you don't mind I played with it as an example. Very crude with some pixelation and artifacts due to working on the jpeg version. If you prefer I'll remove it from the post.

Z09_2623_DxO-1.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Actualy I love your comments

Can you tell me what do you mean by having quite few pixels? And what did you do to make it sharper? Do you mean noise?

Last edited:
I could not clean the noise any further

The background : I am working to make the edges around the subject look more seamless

I will post in the post processing section when I am done experementing
Z09_2623_DxO-1-2.png

Last edited:
Actualy I love your comments

Can you tell me what do you mean by having quite few pixels? And what did you do to make it sharper? Do you mean noise?
I just meant that the bird was large in the original uncropped frame. So there was plenty to work with.

Since I was working with the jpeg I did not do any additional sharpening. Increased clarity a little.

I just meant that the bird was large in the original uncropped frame. So there was plenty to work with.

Since I was working with the jpeg I did not do any additional sharpening. Increased clarity a little.

OK

I understand now.

Yes

I will experement in the post processing section