Red-shoulder Hawk

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Rick S

Supporting Member
Marketplace
Not Eagles.
🙂

I am almost always frustrated by Hawks. I see them constantly on the side of the road going to or coming back from somewhere without the camera. Today that changed. I was Blessed to come across this beautiful Red-shouldered Hawk on the way home from the dam, camera in tow.
🙂
I took ~70 pics over about 10 minutes while he calmly ignored me, though did glance my way on occasion. D850/500Pf, hand held.
2022-12-13 Hawk_005.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.
2022-12-13 Hawk_007.jpg
2022-12-13 Hawk_019.jpg
2022-12-13 Hawk_020.jpg
2022-12-13 Hawk_021.jpg

You caught him in nice lighting as well. Good detail.

I feel your pain. Birds are all over the place when I'm empty handed. Just this morning in the Home Depot parking lot I had the most beautiful eagle flyby in perfect range for the 500PF. Bad news was no camera in hand. Good news is that I live where eagles fly by when you're standing in front of Home Depot :)

You caught him in nice lighting as well. Good detail.

I feel your pain. Birds are all over the place when I'm empty handed. Just this morning in the Home Depot parking lot I had the most beautiful eagle flyby in perfect range for the 500PF. Bad news was no camera in hand. Good news is that I live where eagles fly by when you're standing in front of Home Depot :)
Thanks. I like the Home Depot part especially. We have a bunch but nothing like you.

Back