If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

PhilcTx

Supporting Member
Marketplace
Have a pair of Red-shouldered hawks that frequent my neighborhood. Early this morning I noticed first one then the other fly into a small patch of oak trees at the south side of my house.

They initially perched in separate trees and were hunting the dead leaves covering the ground. One made a couple swoops down to the ground to grab a small tidbit of something for breakfast. Shortly thereafter I noticed that both had now perched side-by-side on a dead oak limb about 6-7 ft off the ground.

Excited by the opportunity I grabbed my Fuji X-T4 that had a 70-300mm + 1.4 TC on it. I quietly eased out my front door and peeked around the corner - they were both still on the limb. Zoomed to the max on the pair and quickly fired-off 3-4 frames. I knew I had precious little time to tweak camera settings before the pair left the limb which they did shortly after taking the shots. So the image is not the best but did capture a unique opportunity.

red-hawks-bcg-.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Last edited: