Red Tulip past its prime

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Wink Jones

Supporting Member
Marketplace
I went out a few days ago to walk the dog and since I did not have my camera, I saw the hen who had been with the dominant drake with eleven brand new ducklings. Since the ducklings have hatched, el Macho is no where to be seen. I have carried the camera every day since and seen no sign of her, or her ducklings. I did see the lonely hearts club of six drakes this morning, but could not get close enough to take a good photo. I did stop at my neighbors house yesterday and shot some of his flowers. Here is the first one I have processed, I love the look of the flower whose petals have mostly fallen this morning.

red tulip-2186.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

This red tulip was a few feet away from the first and I really like the single petal that is distancing itself from the flower as a whole.

another red tulip-2184.jpg

And the scourge dandelions coming to the South Side of the Street from the North side dandelion lovers...

Dandelion-2180.jpg

And finally, a squirrel that jumped up on the fence while I was walking on the ditch bank.

Squirrel-2173.jpg

P.S. For those who may not have gotten the joke, the six Lonely Hearts Club drakes are those who did not contribute to the gene pool this season. They have been moping about together.

Back