If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

agrumpyoldsod

Supporting Member
Marketplace
I am still not able to head back out on Safari this year and as a result I am looking through some of the over 100k shots I took on a series of Safari trips in Africa during 2016 and 2017 to see if there are improvements in the output that can be generated.
First time I processed the images in LightRoom Classic and this time I re-processed the original raw files this time using DxO Pure Raw 2 (deep prime), then cropped and adjusted in LRC, followed by a run through Topaz DeNoise AI and Topaz Sharpen AI.
The attached is an example of the Island Female - a young female leopard who lives in Mala Mala shot on a D810 with 400/2.8 at 07:07 and a few minutes later as she walked toward us along a track on her way back from hunting. These were shot at f/3.2 1/800th and in various lighting from ISO 1000 down to ISO 360 (the first image with nice diagonal sunlight).
Since I like the rendering I am now able to achieve, I am not sharing the original processed images.
I have used the first image many times, but looking again at the shoot it is good to find other images that strike a chord.
My planning for 2023 is progressing and I cannot wait to return to africa with the Z9 and latest generation lenses -- so much more than I had even only 4-5 years ago.

_C028809-NEF_DxO_DeepPRIME.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.