Resizing a cropped photo

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

As a folIow-up to my cropping thread, I need to increase a photo from 3815 to a min 4000 on the long edge: is it best done in LR or PS? What is the best method to use?
That's a very small upsize. Personally I'd do it in PS using Bicubic Smoother but for such a small upsize you could just as easily do it via the Export module in LR and I suspect you'd get very similar results. After all it's less than a 5% upsize of the cropped photo which isn't much.

That's a very small upsize. Personally I'd do it in PS using Bicubic Smoother but for such a small upsize you could just as easily do it via the Export module in LR and I suspect you'd get very similar results. After all it's less than a 5% upsize of the cropped photo which isn't much.
Thanks, DR. I appreciate the response.

If you need a jpeg then Photoshop File/Export As is quick and easy you enter one dimension and it takes care of the other and there is a dropdown for the method. Click the convert to srgb and imbed profile checkboxes. Also in Photoshop is Image Size, under Edit menu I think. Click the resample and enter the size of one side, choose Preserve Details 2.0.

Back