RMNP Moose

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

JAS

Supporting Member
Marketplace
We have been on the road last week and this in Colorado. Thos morning it was Rocky Mountain National Park. When we got to Sprague Lake, we heard a moose had been there and left. As we were preparing to leave, the moose returned and I got some good shots. Here is one. Shot is full frame uncropped.

Moose_Colorado_01.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Great shot, Joe. Really nice light. Just read your note on my Bull Elk post. Sorry missed you. Look forward to your Maine posts.
This is a link to my recent RMNP Moose post you may not have seen. Mine are from the Fall River side. Haven't had any luck at Sprague Lake this year - yet! The largest bull Elk were off Bear Lake Rd.

Reactions: JAS
Great shot, Joe. Really nice light. Just read your note on my Bull Elk post. Sorry missed you. Look forward to your Maine posts.
This is a link to my recent RMNP Moose post you may not have seen. Mine are from the Fall River side. Haven't had any luck at Sprague Lake this year - yet! The largest bull Elk were off Bear Lake Rd.
LINK to my BCG Moose Post: https://bcgforums.com/threads/moose-in-june-rmnp.36728/

Reactions: JAS
The moose were introduced by the state and when their numbers were high enough the state decided to start "harvesting" them and began issuing hunting licenses.
Moose in water really photograph well. And you made the most of the opportunity.
Very nice!
Beautiful Image Joseph
Thanks to all for the positive comments. This was my first close-up moose opportunity. We also saw three others that day. If the photos look goos, I will aslo post a couple of those.

Back