Rock Wren

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

BAL Land

Critiques appreciated. Thanks! From last week, Joshua Tree NP.
Canon 70d, Sigma 150-600 C, 1/640, f/7.1, ISO 400. Handheld. Image downsized for postin.
1669827648101.jpeg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

I really like the color "matching" of the bird, background and rock - ties things in nicely. I also like the diagonal of the rock - makes the scene less static. The one thing I'm missing is the catch light in the eye. To me, they black eye looks a bit "dead" for a lack of a better word. It's hard to get that with a back-lit subject without a small pop of flash.

I really like the color "matching" of the bird, background and rock - ties things in nicely. I also like the diagonal of the rock - makes the scene less static. The one thing I'm missing is the catch light in the eye. To me, they black eye looks a bit "dead" for a lack of a better word. It's hard to get that with a back-lit subject without a small pop of flash.
Thanks! I agree about the catchlight, it’s really bothering me as well. I didn’t realize how backlit it was until the bird was gone. I’ll keep it in mind for next time!

Back