ROLANPRO protective cover owners.

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

I have just ordered the Nikon Z 400mm 2.8 + TC and for obvious reasons, I want to get a cover on it as soon as possible.

When I first started out I used Lenscoat covers, however I soon regretted it due to the fraying issues around the edges.

After this, I used a UK company called Outdoor Photography Gear. I found these were firstly 'cheaper' and of superior quality (in my opinion), as they did not fray as fast and lasted longer and also were made of neoprene which was rubber backed (stopping any grip to the lens issues).

Looking at other options, ROLANPRO caught my eye and from online images, the quality looks good and I really like the finished edges (thus stopping any fraying issue).

I searched and read a couple of posts on the forum, where they seem to get good reviews.

I wondered if any members own the 400 2.8 and have a ROLANPRO on it and would share their honest opinion.

Also, if anyone responds with a ROLANPRO cover on a different lens, could you tell me how long you have had it, how much use its hand and most importantly, does it hold up?

I've used Rolanpro covers on my Sony birding lenses for a number of years, first on the 200-600, used it for 3 years very extensively with very little signs of wear. I acquired a Sony 300 GM in the spring and I'm also using the Rolanpro covers on that lens as well. The new cover for the 300 is made from the same material but it's a little less course, both have a "canvas" feel to them which I really like. I find applying them to the lens hoods a bit of a challenge, they are super tight so it takes some patience to get them on.

Back