If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

K9Kirk

Marketplace
A roseate spoonbill in the morning light @ Ft. Desoto.

248 cv-studio.jpeg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Nice(y)(y)(y)
How does the af performs on the r7 when combined with the tamron 150-600?
thank you. It's not fantastic, it's just decent. The focus on the lens isn't the fastest to begin with and if your camera settings (tracking, etc.) aren't optimal it can give you some trouble but for the price of the lens it's decent. The biggest hindrance is the bg. If it's too cluttered the camera will jump around searching for the eye. I have to say, though, I've taken a lot of good shots with it. My hit rate went up since using my old Canon 80D. A better lens for the R7 would be the RF 100-500 f/4.5 -f/7.1. ($2,700) Maybe you can rent a Tamron 150-600 to see how you like it. GL!

Beautiful shot, love the light.
Thank you.

Beautiful shot, great light Kirk!
Thanks, Ira!

thank you. It's not fantastic, it's just decent. The focus on the lens isn't the fastest to begin with and if your camera settings (tracking, etc.) aren't optimal it can give you some trouble but for the price of the lens it's decent. The biggest hindrance is the bg. If it's too cluttered the camera will jump around searching for the eye. I have to say, though, I've taken a lot of good shots with it. My hit rate went up since using my old Canon 80D. A better lens for the R7 would be the RF 100-500 f/4.5 -f/7.1. ($2,700) Maybe you can rent a Tamron 150-600 to see how you like it. GL!
The RF 100-500 L is a wonderful lens, but the R7 still has AF problems when using it. It struggles especially with subjects that are small in the frame, and with eyes set in black (black head or black stripe). We need an R7 II with some improvements.

The RF 100-500 L is a wonderful lens, but the R7 still has AF problems when using it. It struggles especially with subjects that are small in the frame, and with eyes set in black (black head or black stripe). We need an R7 II with some improvements.
Thanks, Ed, that sounds pretty spot on if you ask me. I've got the cash, just waiting on Canon now ... or maybe an R5 is in my future.