RRS Collar & Lens Foot for Nikon Z 180-600 Shipping Now

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

What's the second knob for? I wonder if it has a spring loaded safety feature like the Kirk foot, which is $30 cheaper than this foot. I'm sure it's nice just like everything that comes out of RRS.

What's the second knob for? I wonder if it has a spring loaded safety feature like the Kirk foot, which is $30 cheaper than this foot. I'm sure it's nice just like everything that comes out of RRS.
One knob to tighten the collar, the other to tighten the foot on the collar. Kirk's doesn't have a removable foot and doesn't need a spring loaded safety feature.

Last edited:
I would really like to know where they positioned the QD socket. On the Kirk it's centered on the foot plate. That doesn't work so well, so I had to get a QD plate clamp and positioned it at the rear of the foot plate. Works much better for balance and for the monopod...

I would really like to know where they positioned the QD socket. On the Kirk it's centered on the foot plate. That doesn't work so well, so I had to get a QD plate clamp and positioned it at the rear of the foot plate. Works much better for balance and for the monopod...
The QD appears to be just ahead of where the foot attaches (about 1/3 of the way forward).

Back