RRS sending out first batch of Z8 L Brackets

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

RichF

Well-known and Infamous Member
Supporting Member
Marketplace
Luckily I placed my order just as the L bracket was announced (in fact my order was placed before the email from RRS arrived announcing the L bracket and bottom plate).

Of course it is pricey, it is from RRS. But it is also really well designed and made. Hope to have the bracket late this week or early next week. I'll post information when it arrives. DOn't think my Z 8 will be back from Nikon before then.

Nikon told me 7-10 day turnaround time for fix! 🤞
Heard basically the same thing - but business days. Best case let's say 5 business days, plus a day or 2 for Independence Day holiday (in the US). Add a few days shipping each way and if I am lucky perhaps July 10 or 11.

Luckily I placed my order just as the L bracket was announced (in fact my order was placed before the email from RRS arrived announcing the L bracket and bottom plate).

Of course it is pricey, it is from RRS. But it is also really well designed and made. Hope to have the bracket late this week or early next week. I'll post information when it arrives. DOn't think my Z 8 will be back from Nikon before then.
I have been searchng for a source for the Z8 L bracket but thus far my only source is the Small rig. I have their L bracket for the Z9 and it is inferior to the RSS product because of flex in the vertical arm. Does anyone have a source for the RSS product?

Bill

I have been searchng for a source for the Z8 L bracket but thus far my only source is the Small rig. I have their L bracket for the Z9 and it is inferior to the RSS product because of flex in the vertical arm. Does anyone have a source for the RSS product?

Bill
Also available for B&H (though the Z 8 L bracket was not listed last time I checked).

Back