Rubber Detaching from z9 Memory Card Door

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Pat Cassity

Supporting Member
Marketplace
The rubber grip attached to my z9's memory card door is coming off. (see pics) Short of sending it in for repair, does anyone have of a suggestion for a fix?
Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_1727-Edit.jpg
    IMG_1727-Edit.jpg
    376.7 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_1726-Edit.jpg
    IMG_1726-Edit.jpg
    335 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:
Once the rubber swells its tough to get it stuck again. The best option to do at home would be to get 3m transfer tape and fully remove the rubber and clean everything before sticking it back on with the tape.

I would think this needs to be fixed to protect against water intrusion.

I would take the camera in for service.

I am not a camera repair tech but it looks like the door mounts with screws so replacing the door may be a simple matter.

I would take advantage of the trip in by having the camera gone through, cleaned and inspected while it is in there.

My experience has shown that once it is stretched out of shape, if you are able to get it back on, it won't stay on for very long. If the camera is still under warranty, it should be covered. It's a rather common problem over the years, seems to affect some folks more than others. One reason I don't like the latch on the Z9. I need to put too much pressure on the door to get it open. More pressure, the more likely I'm moving the rubber. If you were to check the auction sites, you might be able to find a replacement piece or maybe a door and save a trip to Nikon. Nikon USA sells a few parts but not like they used to and never the ones I want.

The rubber grip attached to my z9's memory card door is coming off. (see pics) Short of sending it in for repair, does anyone have of a suggestion for a fix?
Thanks!
Happens all the time with various Nikons. My two-year-old Z9 had rubber peeling from the card door and various other places on the camera, not to mention the rubber square over the lock just constantly popped out of place. After trying various glues that worked for a short time, this guy (thank you) has by far the best solution:
It's Loctite Super Glue and it really worked well for me. But you need to be careful with your ap[plication.
I use the camera almost every day so sending it to Nikon is not a solution I would entertain, not to mention the needless expense.

Happens all the time with various Nikons. My two-year-old Z9 had rubber peeling from the card door and various other places on the camera, not to mention the rubber square over the lock just constantly popped out of place. After trying various glues that worked for a short time, this guy (thank you) has by far the best solution:
It's Loctite Super Glue and it really worked well for me. But you need to be careful with your ap[plication.
I use the camera almost every day so sending it to Nikon is not a solution I would entertain, not to mention the needless expense.
Yep, I used a spot of Super Glue on my D810 and it fixed it long term, no more problems. Simple fix.

Yep, I used a spot of Super Glue on my D810 and it fixed it long term, no more problems. Simple fix.
I'm in the same boat. I used a gel style super glue on my D4 to hold the rubber back down on the memory card door.

Back