Ruby throated hummingbird - feedback appreciated

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

I took this image of a female Ruby Throated Hummingbird pausing just before feeding from some blue salvia. Looking for feedback. Thanks
DSC_5108-Edit-1.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Random thoughts: It's often tough to tell with an online image, but this looks a tad out of focus. Maybe it's a motion blur issue? Even with 1/2500 sec shutter motion blur can be an issue at 600mm. The composition is great. I would crop in a bit. Seems like the highlights could be turned a tad darker. Nice colors and soft background.

I took this image of a female Ruby Throated Hummingbird pausing just before feeding from some blue salvia. Looking for feedback. Thanks
Nice photo, I like the composition and overall scene including the background.

I agree the eye may be a tad soft and the highlights look a bit hot to my eyes. Assuming the bright tones aren't actually hard clipped (blown out) then perhaps lowering the Exposure a tad or just bringing down the Highlights in processing might help the image.

I might also try a 5:4 (10:8) crop to lose a bit of the empty space to the right of the image and possibly to shift the hummer a bit further off center. I might also add a subtle vignette(edge darkening) to the entire image.

Random thoughts: It's often tough to tell with an online image, but this looks a tad out of focus. Maybe it's a motion blur issue? Even with 1/2500 sec shutter motion blur can be an issue at 600mm. The composition is great. I would crop in a bit. Seems like the highlights could be turned a tad darker. Nice colors and soft background.

Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate it.

Nice photo, I like the composition and overall scene including the background.

I agree the eye may be a tad soft and the highlights look a bit hot to my eyes. Assuming the bright tones aren't actually hard clipped (blown out) then perhaps lowering the Exposure a tad or just bringing down the Highlights in processing might help the image.

I might also try a 5:4 (10:8) crop to lose a bit of the empty space to the right of the image and possibly to shift the hummer a bit further off center. I might also add a subtle vignette(edge darkening) to the entire image.
Thank you, I'll definitely try a different crop and adjust highlights.

Back