If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Saltwater crocodiles in Australia's North-West, locally known as "The Top End". These predators grow 20-24 feet long, and the older (grey) one has just dined well ;-)
Z7 & AF-S 70-200 2.8

Salties-2.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.
Salties-3.jpg
Salties-1.jpg

Nice shots! And certainly animals to give a healthy berth. African Nile crocs are scary and dangerous enough at 18 feet. A 24-foot Salty takes it to a whole new level.

If I remember correctly, one of the few animals that will scare a great white shark away... they are real monsters.
super shots by the way but 200mm feels way too short for such tight portraits :)

If I remember correctly, one of the few animals that will scare a great white shark away... they are real monsters.
super shots by the way but 200mm feels way too short for such tight portraits :)
I flew into Berkeley River where these were shot, and the pilot was pretty anal about weight, so I pared down my kit to a z7 the 70-200 and a 24-70 only. I must say the boatman that took me out was a real rough outback Aussie, and he took me far closer to these monsters than I'd like. But he kept saying not to worry they'd eaten by this time of day. The old one (3rd image) had consumed a wild sheep earlier that day according to my new best outback friend!