Sandisk deal

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

If you’re not doing lots of 20 fps bursts or recording video in warmer weather, it should work fine. Because much of what I shoot on Z8/Z9 is BIF, I prefer Delkin Black or ProGrade Cobalt. You have to weigh cost vs. performance for your needs.

I know these cards run hot when used for video buy is there any problem with using them for “normal” shooting (e.g. ocasional 10-20 fps bursts) in a Z8? Seems like a very good deal for the money.

How much did they Mark it Up to mark it down $440? Seems like the same price On Sale as the other cards mentioned. I like B&H but their list prices can be absurd.

I'm not a video guy, but I've been running them for years in my Canon and Nikon bodies. No issues ever.

I'm a big burst guy, like let all 20 or 30 FPS rip for 10-40 seconds straight. Never had issues with heat and never ran into a buffer.

That being said, the price listed is not a "deal". It's the same price as currently listed on Amazon, and has been considerably cheaper during sales. Amazon has had it as low as $139.99, and B&H and other places have shown it at $119.99.

I'm not a video guy, but I've been running them for years in my Canon and Nikon bodies. No issues ever.

I'm a big burst guy, like let all 20 or 30 FPS rip for 10-40 seconds straight. Never had issues with heat and never ran into a buffer.

That being said, the price listed is not a "deal". It's the same price as currently listed on Amazon, and has been considerably cheaper during sales. Amazon has had it as low as $139.99, and B&H and other places have shown it at $119.99.
I have 2 of these 512 gb SanDisk ones & I’ve been using them on my D850 & D500 without any issues for approx 1 year. Obviously, not quite in the same league in terms of fps vs mirrorless, but they seem to be fine with 10fps on the D500 & 9 on the D850 with grip (I don’t shoot video).

With these CF express cards , the issue tends to be how fast your camera can write (sustained ) to the card. The D850 bus doesn't run nearly as fast as the Z8/Z9. It's the sustained write speeds that heat up these cards. So you won't see the issue on older bodies. It's takes a high frame rate/ with high sustained write speeds to stress these cards, which results in higher operational
temps. This is typical of all high performance flash media.

I have 2 of these 512 gb SanDisk ones & I’ve been using them on my D850 & D500 without any issues for approx 1 year. Obviously, not quite in the same league in terms of fps vs mirrorless, but they seem to be fine with 10fps on the D500 & 9 on the D850 with grip (I don’t shoot video).

Back