Saturday at the wetlands Take 3

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Rassie

Supporting Member
Marketplace
While at the wetlands last Saturday there was a Green Heron sitting on a branch, very contented with life.

There are more images that I will post as I process them. This area is unpredictable with wildlife. Four years ago when I first found out about this spot, photographers were lined up in a row with cameras on tripods, shooting Seagulls, Terns, Ospreys and Bald Eagles hunting fish there. It was non-stop action. For the three subsequent years things were very quiet with not much happening throughout Spring, Summer and Fall. Last Friday there were numerous birds and decent activity for the first time in a long time. Everything else was there except for Bald Eagles.

I got there at 08:00 AM and stayed until 10:00 before packing up. The birds certainly kept me busy during those two hours. I'm not sure if this means things are improving or whether it was an anomaly. Time will tell.

DSC_4227.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

DSC_4236.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Back