SD Card For Z8

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

get one marked "v90". the "v" numbers are the best way to evaluate performance on sd cards. that said, note "v90" means it can sustain something like 250MB/s so compare that to a cfe-b card that can do over 1000MB/s.

Those V90 SD cards are expensive!
Maybe it’s just better to buy another CF Card and change if needed.
Yes they are pretty much the same as CFEx-B cards these days.
I would just buy another CFe-B or a larger capacity one so you don't have to switch.
Only if you wanted to shoot mirrored RAWs to two slots then I'd go for the SD but then you will be crippled to the SD slots' speed.

In studio it’s always mirrored. But never more then 3-5 FPS.
If you're maxing out at 3-5 FPS then v90 isn't necessary. The buffer on the Z8 sounds equivalent to the Z9 so you should be able to get 30 frames or so at 20FPS before things go south and then just wait for the buffer to clear. I'd have to imagine that at 3-5 FPS you won't max out the buffer even with slow/cheap SD cards.

Then again - if you're looking at wildlife situations, got with a larger/second CFe-B as @arbitrage says

Back