Seeking a good Camera Shop in SE Wisconsin

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Carmel Nikon

Supporting Member
Marketplace
I'm seeking a reasonably local camera shop I can build a relationship with in SE Wisconsin (I'm in Brookfield, but would gladly drive for a good store). Would like to get Nikon DSLR cleaning and possibly other service work done. There are a few shops I've found online (Art's in Greenfield and Crivello's in Brookfield) but would appreciate any feedback or leads on ones that are really good at camera service and are Nikon-knowledgeable. I've found that great camera shops with expert camera techs are a dying breed, harder to find than in the past.

Thanks in advance for any leads!

Wish I could help, fellow Wisco friend, but at least I can save you a trip over here to Madison. The LCS (The Camera Company) carries decent selection of gear, but the staff are just not at all welcoming or friendly. You just get the sense that they don't enjoy their jobs all that much and aren't happy to help you. Avoid.

After numerous visits, I refuse to go there, and instead give business to my former LCS back in Virginia.

I have had good luck with Art's for basics including service and cleaning, though have to agree that the range of options is shrinking.
I have had many repairs done at Authorized Photo Service in Morton Grove, IL. I live in Bayside, Milw. Countyand the drive is not too bad. It is sort of hidden, but follow Google maps to get there.
https://www.nikoncamerarepair.com/

Thank you all for your kind help. @MrFotoFool , I looked at the 6 locations on the list (super useful!), and Murphy's Photo in Appleton is closing this Saturday, put out of business by the B&H's of the world...so we're down to only 5 shops in the state as of next week. @MatthewK , I am grateful for your heads-up on The Camera Company, you saved me a 2 hour round trip drive (btw, have you tried Full Compass Systems in Madison?). I may go ahead and try Art's for basic cleaning, and keep APS in mind if something more complicated or difficult to service - thanks to your suggestion @JAS.

It sure is a shrinking world for local camera stores.

Back