Sensor spots on Z9

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

pvindis

Normally I shoot wildlife/macro with aperture f/1.8 - f/8 and haven't noticed sensor spots.

I have started photographing water drops and here I use f/22 - and a lot af sensor spots have showed up. I have wet-cleaned the sensor a couple of times with Visible Dust swaps and the spots do not disappear.

What is your experience when shooting with f/22 - do you see sensor spots as I do?

Can the spots be anything than dust?

I will send the camera to the Nikon dealer to have it cleaned there - wonder if it helps.....

(NB. The spots are NOT water drops).

Dropos.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

If you totally defocus, maybe against a clear blue sky, are the spots still there? Are they still there with a different lens, exact same spot? In other words have you confirmed they are not on the lens?

If you totally defocus, maybe against a clear blue sky, are the spots still there? Are they still there with a different lens, exact same spot? In other words have you confirmed they are not on the lens?
Yes.
Husmoder-2.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

For further confirmation, try that lens on a different body. I’ve dealt with stubborn dust on the sensor before. It took a 3rd try with a sterile sensor cleaning brush to remove the particles. 😕

Back