Shooting raptor from the balcony !

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Venkatesh VT

Supporting Member
Marketplace
Shikra,Hyderbad@India
We were lucky to spot two shikras today sitiing & flying around in the small jungle next to our apartment in the city from our 6th floor balcony & got few shots of one of the raptors

HMP_8793_ShikraFHForest15Oct2020ProcessedWEb.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

HMP_8791_ShikraFHForest15Oct2020Processed2.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Last edited:
Must be recently fledged so if you spot the parents you can probably predict its flight path and get even more great shots. Seems like you’ve got a great platform for flight shots, but I’m curious – I’d have expected some great kite shots from you but there’s nothing posted. Don’t you have kites in Hyderabad?

Must be recently fledged so if you spot the parents you can probably predict its flight path and get even more great shots. Seems like you’ve got a great platform for flight shots, but I’m curious – I’d have expected some great kite shots from you but there’s nothing posted. Don’t you have kites in Hyderabad?
We have three types of kites in Hyderbad,black,black shouldered & brahminy.Only black shouldered kites are seen near our place for a good shot.I will postsome picture asap

If your black shouldered kites are like ours they’re very special with the most stunning bright yellow eye. I’ve not got a shot yet that really shows the eye off so I’m looking forward to seeing what yours look like.

Back