If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Have spent the last 5 years photographing the 8 different owl species in my part of the world.

Every winter I spend a significant amount of time looking for migratory owls which consist of Short-eared Owls, Snowy Owls, Long-eared Owls and Northern Saw-Whet Owls.

Here are a few of my favorites over the years of the shorties.
DSC_2369.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.
850_0282.jpg
850_8867.jpg
DSC_6650-Enhanced-NR.jpg
JDM_2660_signed.jpg

Have spent the last 5 years photographing the 8 different owl species in my part of the world.

Every winter I spend a significant amount of time looking for migratory owls which consist of Short-eared Owls, Snowy Owls, Long-eared Owls and Northern Saw-Whet Owls.

Here are a few of my favorites over the years of the shorties.View attachment 76024View attachment 76025View attachment 76026View attachment 76027View attachment 76034
It is always a thrill to lock eyes with an owl and you really got clear views of the eyes here. The lighting on number four is especially nice.

OK now I'm jealous, these are awesome!! Lucky you to have these around too, sweet!

I'm pretty lucky as I have about 5 different spots to photograph them at all within 1.5 hrs of where I live. Some of the spots offer things others don't, like perches. Unfortunately, my fav spot hasn't produced this winter so I've had to resort to one of the further spots.

I'm pretty lucky as I have about 5 different spots to photograph them at all within 1.5 hrs of where I live. Some of the spots offer things others don't, like perches. Unfortunately, my fav spot hasn't produced this winter so I've had to resort to one of the further spots.
What part of North America are you in? We have SEOs close to where I live (SW PA) but always looking for new spots.