If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

The Shorties have been quite active early this year, I was out shooting midweek and what a show. I caught this guy perched and he was starring at a spot, so I focused on him, all of sudden took off, went right to the spot he was stirring, landed and came up with his prize. That wasn’t all, as he lifted the vole with his beck, took off forward with it and while in flight reached forward with his talons, grabbed it from his beck, and took off carrying it with his talons. That was a unique moment.

Enjoy,

Chris S.

6.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

7.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

The Shorties have been quite active early this year, I was out shooting midweek and what a show. I caught this guy perched and he was starring at a spot, so I focused on him, all of sudden took off, went right to the spot he was stirring, landed and came up with his prize. That wasn’t all, as he lifted the vole with his beck, took off forward with it and while in flight reached forward with his talons, grabbed it from his beck, and took off carrying it with his talons. That was a unique moment.

Enjoy,

Chris S.

View attachment 75653

View attachment 75655

View attachment 75656

View attachment 75657

View attachment 75658

View attachment 75659
Belter of a sequence Chris, all good but if I had to choose a fav it would be the third one... (y) 👏 👏

Chris sorry I am late to the party. Funny as you know I was there as well that day. I walked a few steps south of you to get a better angle on the sun but in so doing when the owl took off my shots are of its rear. I also watched the owl get the vole in its mouth and then switch to the talons. My shots unfortunately are from its behind. Great catch by you.