If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

R.Philip

I ordered the lens and received some great advice from members on here on whether to keep it or not. It is a great lens and I will be keeping it. Steve's video with the testing of the AF speed of the f mount on the Z9/adapter combo compared to its speed on the D850 cemented my keeping of the lens. Perfect timing on the video Steve. Thanks to everyone for their input. I really appreciate it.

Not much to photograph around in Illinois this time of year, but I am looking. Here are some of the best images I have captured since getting the lens about a month ago.

20220111-untitled-226-Edit.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.
20220111-untitled-234-Edit.jpg
20220115-untitled-109-Edit-2.jpg
20220121-untitled-423-Edit.jpg
20220121-untitled-112-Edit.jpg

I ordered the lens and received some great advice from members on here on whether to keep it or not. It is a great lens and I will be keeping it. Steve's video with the testing of the AF speed of the f mount on the Z9/adapter combo compared to its speed on the D850 cemented my keeping of the lens. Perfect timing on the video Steve. Thanks to everyone for their input. I really appreciate it.

Not much to photograph around in Illinois this time of year, but I am looking. Here are some of the best images I have captured since getting the lens about a month ago.

View attachment 31982View attachment 31983View attachment 31984View attachment 31987View attachment 31986
Excellent Series!đź‘Ťđź‘Ťđź‘Ť

Very nice shots. Congrats on the lens; your thinking re the 600 is the same as mine re f mount lenses and my having gone mirrorless -- saw no issues with image quality with the FtZ (my experience or certainly others -- once I saw Morton Hilmer's shots with the 600 AND 800 on the Z9 I was convinced) but Steve's focusing speed test was the final 'all is good' and so will grab a new 600 f4 I've found -- assuming it's still there once I'm ready to buy (I'm moving soon so have to wait for that to be out of the way).

Very nice shots. Congrats on the lens; your thinking re the 600 is the same as mine re f mount lenses and my having gone mirrorless -- saw no issues with image quality with the FtZ (my experience or certainly others -- once I saw Morton Hilmer's shots with the 600 AND 800 on the Z9 I was convinced) but Steve's focusing speed test was the final 'all is good' and so will grab a new 600 f4 I've found -- assuming it's still there once I'm ready to buy (I'm moving soon so have to wait for that to be out of the way).
When I received the notification that the lens was available, I ordered it that day. By that evening, the website was already showing the item was on backorder. I hope yours is still waiting for you when you're ready for it. You won't be disappointed.

When I received the notification that the lens was available, I ordered it that day. By that evening, the website was already showing the item was on backorder. I hope yours is still waiting for you when you're ready for it. You won't be disappointed.
Nikon Canada has shown the 600 and 800 "out of stock" for months and months (I read that as discontinued). I called a great number of retail shops in Canada and found a 600 and as of about two weeks ago it was still there; checked today, due to this conversation, and he told me it sold. Snooze and I lose :) I've booked a trip (wolves, bears, otters and whales ) on an island west off of Vancouver Island and have already been told 600 will be too long for most of the shooting we'll be doing, so I'm taking solace in that LOL

Nikon Canada has shown the 600 and 800 "out of stock" for months and months (I read that as discontinued). I called a great number of retail shops in Canada and found a 600 and as of about two weeks ago it was still there; checked today, due to this conversation, and he told me it sold. Snooze and I lose :) I've booked a trip (wolves, bears, otters and whales ) on an island west off of Vancouver Island and have already been told 600 will be too long for most of the shooting we'll be doing, so I'm taking solace in that LOL
You've likely heard the saying that in wildlife photography, the lens you have on your camera is always too short. Right up to the point when it's too long! ;) It sure seems that way to me.

You've likely heard the saying that in wildlife photography, the lens you have on your camera is always too short. Right up to the point when it's too long! ;) It sure seems that way to me.
Well yes :) It was the 800 I was seeking when I found the now gone 600 :) The advice given me was more about having 600 prime and not being able to go shorter when (often apparently on this trip as much from a boat) required... Which is great for my 180-400 (with the 1.4 built in).

View attachment 31982View attachment 31983View attachment 31984View attachment 31987View attachment 31986
Outstanding set all, but the female Cardinal is my favorite.

Really great shots, congrats! Not sure you need a Z9 to beat these;)

ATB, John

Great shots, congrats on the new lens!

Really great shots, congrats! Not sure you need a Z9 to beat these;)

ATB, John
A Z9 makes getting shots too easy. Where is the challenge? BIF pix are now a commodity because everyone that owns a Z9 has tons of tack sharp images. Hahahaha! I'll just call some of my soft focus shots art or ICM's (intentional camera movement). :ROFLMAO::LOL:;)