Should I get a photo vest, and if so which one

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

wotan1

Supporting Member
Marketplace
I shoot quite a bit with two cameras on a dual strap. Often I lack pockets for a few things and I am always misplacing lens and body caps.

I wonder if a photo vest will help.

I was looking at the Domke photogs vest but I don’t know if that will work with a dual strap.

I don’t care what i look like and if I am carrying two cameras I am not being discreet anyway. I just need POCKETS.

Recommendations and advice are sought.

I often use a photo vest - Domke style - for traveling. The pockets hold ID, tickets, wallet, memory cards, batteries, energy bars, etc. And can often handle a charger or ???? when needed.

Even though the canvas vests often have vents and netting across the back, I find them to be very warm.

Have you considered a fanny pack or belt on which you can put various containers?

I shoot quite a bit with two cameras on a dual strap. Often I lack pockets for a few things and I am always misplacing lens and body caps.

I wonder if a photo vest will help.

I was looking at the Domke photogs vest but I don’t know if that will work with a dual strap.

I don’t care what i look like and if I am carrying two cameras I am not being discreet anyway. I just need POCKETS.

Recommendations and advice are sought.
I built a tactical chest rig instead of a jacket/vest. Best is Spiritus (https://www.spiritussystems.com/)

I often use a photo vest - Domke style - for traveling. The pockets hold ID, tickets, wallet, memory cards, batteries, energy bars, etc. And can often handle a charger or ???? when needed.

Even though the canvas vests often have vents and netting across the back, I find them to be very warm.

Have you considered a fanny pack or belt on which you can put various containers?
I have a few belt pouches but they seem to get in the way.

I was going to ask you about sizing on the DOMKE vests but then I remembered you are a midget. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

There are no shops around here with XXL in stock so I don’t have a way to try one on. I could order from BH but it is an annoyance to buy a garment without knowing if the sizing works for me.

I built a tactical chest rig instead of a jacket/vest. Best is Spiritus (https://www.spiritussystems.com/)
In Washington State there are a few nature preserves that happen to be located near what appear to be high security military installations.

I fear if I showed up near the border of one of those installations wearing tactical camouflage gear my benign intent to photograph wildlife may get misunderstood. :eek::eek::eek::eek:

I was going to ask you about sizing on the DOMKE vests but then I remembered you are a midget. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

There are no shops around here with XXL in stock so I don’t have a way to try one on. I could order from BH but it is an annoyance to buy a garment without knowing if the sizing works for me.
Karen is not a midget….by the way….

Most vests are for guys....and are always too big for me.

Give B&H a call........the staff are extremely helpful and will help you figure out the correct side. Get the tape measure out first......LOL! And remember that in cold weather you want room to wear the vest OVER fleece, coat, etc.

Most vests are for guys....and are always too big for me.

Give B&H a call........the staff are extremely helpful and will help you figure out the correct side. Get the tape measure out first......LOL! And remember that in cold weather you want room to wear the vest OVER fleece, coat, etc.
Thanks Karen.

I called them, they were helpful and I ordered the XXL.

Back