Shoulder bag for Z8 with small lens attached

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Wade Abadie

Supporting Member
Marketplace
Not wildlife related....but hopefully someone can help.

I just got a Z8, and I'm trying to find a compact shoulder/cross-body type bag to keep the Z8 with 24-120 f/4 attached + a Z 50mm f/1.8. I don't need space for much else in the bag. Any recommendations? (I'd like to stay under $100)

I am overwhelmed with the number of options and styles I've found online. This will mostly be for when I'm out with my family to take photos of my wife and kids. Looking for something simple and efficient (not something with 10+ zippers and pouches) where I can take the camera in and out quickly and easily, but it will stay reasonably padded and safe.

Any help would be much appreciated.

When finding a shoulder bag for your Z8 with a small lens attached, simplicity and efficiency are essential, especially for family outings. Consider looking for a compact bag with minimal compartments and easy access, ensuring quick camera retrieval. Opting for a padded interior will provide added protection while on the go. As for staying within your budget, explore options online and read reviews to gauge quality and functionality. Remember to prioritize practicality over bells and whistles, and you'll find the perfect fit for your photography needs. And remember, when browsing online, be cautious about how to find aaa replicas to ensure you're investing in genuine quality.

Last edited:
BH Photo makes it very easy to select the price range and inside dimensions and type of bag you want to get down to a short list from which to pick.

I prefer shoulder bags with a waist strap or a way to add one and bags with a large cover flap for fast access inside while protecting the contents from the elements. The best bags I have found are the now discontinued LowePro Stealth Reporter series.

I have three different sizes of shoulder bags to use depending on my kit for the day.

This thread is from June of last year…but I figured I would let everyone know what I ended up getting. I bought the Peak Design small camera cube. It fits my Z8 with 24-120 f4 attached + 50mm f1.8 + ball head…along with extra battery and cards. It’s great for protecting the kit in my luggage as well as allows me to attach an external strap for carrying on its own.

Last edited:
Back