If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Jim G

Hi all.

Here is a shot of shrimp boats in Darien, Georgia. I was set up on the docks long before sunrise and had settled on the shot I would take as soon as there was some color in the sky. One small problem, there was no color in the sky. Oh well.

D3S w/ 24-120 f/w @ 38mm
f/16, .3 sec, iso 200

JIM

jgould2_4-web.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Agree, nice composition. Light is one of those things that you can't beat unfortunately (unless you go the composite route and try the fill PS experience) but using what you get given is an art in itself. Wonder what adding a little temperature would do. Also this may be an interesting in B&W. Great scene.

Agree, nice composition. Light is one of those things that you can't beat unfortunately (unless you go the composite route and try the fill PS experience) but using what you get given is an art in itself. Wonder what adding a little temperature would do. Also this may be an interesting in B&W. Great scene.
Thanks John.

I can see that I didn't even have this one ready to share.

JIM

I agree it's a great composition. Fortunately or unfortunately (depending on your philosophy) you can now easily substitute the sky as well as the corresponding reflections in water with the latest AI improvements to PS.

I agree it's a great composition. Fortunately or unfortunately (depending on your philosophy) you can now easily substitute the sky as well as the corresponding reflections in water with the latest AI improvements to PS.
Thank you jhallettbc. I appreciate the tip.

JIM

Very nice even if you didn’t get great morning light. Don’t know if your in that area but def try a shot from the bridge, the higher vantage point gives you the marsh as a backdrop, especially nice during the fall when the marsh turns gold.

Nice photo! I always struggle with capturing the image I want when getting boats in marinas, tied up to moorings, along the shoreline, etc. I would be proud of this one!

Very nice even if you didn’t get great morning light. Don’t know if your in that area but def try a shot from the bridge, the higher vantage point gives you the marsh as a backdrop, especially nice during the fall when the marsh turns gold.
Thanks John. I did shoot a few from the bridge and also some of the bridge before sunrise. I live in Florida so won't be back for a while, but I will certainly keep that in mind.

JIM