Sigma 17 - 50mm / f2.8 DX Lens for Nikon F mount

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

I presently own the above lens, which I have used with both the Nikon D7200 (for still life) and the Nikon Z6II (for video). I would like to have the advice of those who have used this lens, regarding their experience of it's performance. Also would you recommend my keeping it or buying the Nikon Z 24 - 70mm / f4.0 S lens instead? I would add that the other f2.8 lenses in similar focal length range is too expensive for consideration! Your advice and recommendations will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

I presently own the above lens, which I have used with both the Nikon D7200 (for still life) and the Nikon Z6II (for video). I would like to have the advice of those who have used this lens, regarding their experience of it's performance. Also would you recommend my keeping it or buying the Nikon Z 24 - 70mm / f4.0 S lens instead? I would add that the other f2.8 lenses in similar focal length range is too expensive for consideration! Your advice and recommendations will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Are you getting rid of the 7200? A Z lens won't fit an F body.

I don't have any experience with the Nikon 24-70mm lens; but I've been using the Sigma 17-50mm f/2.8 lens on a D7200 for some time (two years +) and have been pleased with the quality steadily. Both this Sigma lens and the D7200 have performed without issues.

Thanks for sharing your experience with this combination. I must also confess that I have been happy with the results obtained with this lens (for still life) in combination with the D7200 and (for video) with the Z6II. However, since I'm hoping to eventually gravitate towards the mirrorless options, I have been toying with the idea of selling off some of my F mount lenses including the Nikon 18-140mm AF-S DX lens. Thank you again for the feedback!

The z 24-70 f4 lens is a great bargain used at around 400usd. Was a kit lens for most.
very compact and light, but some don’t like the collapse design.

Even used by a pro’s. Have a look at this video around rock concert tour photography, z8 & f4 z lenses

Hi Bennvdm! Sorry for the late response. Yes, thanks for sharing your views and the video. BTW I think I have seen this lady photographer before either being interviewed or hosting a photography webinar hosted by Nikon Australia!

Back