If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Spotted today in Pulau Ubin off the coast of Singapore. Not sure what it is...an eagle, perhaps? Help me out, birdlovers, please :cool:. Kudos for anyone who can guess camera and/or lens, just for fun. ISO 180, 1/2000s, f/6.3. Suggestions on post-processing appreciated, too!
JP_Singapore_05-02-21_039.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Nice shot, JP! You've just given me hope. My wife also uses the Z50 with Nikkor Z 50-250mm kit lens. Hopefully she can also become as accomplished with that combo as you.
Good settings for this image: 1/2000 sec, F/6.3, ISO 180.
For pp I might try brightening up the image just a bit.

Can't help with the type of bird, though.

According to Merlin, this is a grey-headed fish eagle which seems reasonable based on sample photos they provided.
If you don't know Merlin, it's the best thing since sliced bread! It's an ai based app from Cornell university that identifies birds based off pictures. I took a picture of my screen with my cellphone, told it the picture was in Singapore and it gave me 2 options with sample pictures. The best part is that it will keep learning and getting better but so far it has hit 100% with the pictures I fed it from my area.

Nice shot, JP! You've just given me hope. My wife also uses the Z50 with Nikkor Z 50-250mm kit lens. Hopefully she can also become as accomplished with that combo as you.
Good settings for this image: 1/2000 sec, F/6.3, ISO 180.
For pp I might try brightening up the image just a bit.

Can't help with the type of bird, though.
Correct on the gear. It’s perfect for bringing along on a bike ride. A touch soft compared to bigger lenses but quite acceptable. I hope your wife enjoys shooting with it!

According to Merlin, this is a grey-headed fish eagle which seems reasonable based on sample photos they provided.
If you don't know Merlin, it's the best thing since sliced bread! It's an ai based app from Cornell university that identifies birds based off pictures. I took a picture of my screen with my cellphone, told it the picture was in Singapore and it gave me 2 options with sample pictures. The best part is that it will keep learning and getting better but so far it has hit 100% with the pictures I fed it from my area.
That sounds about right