If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

jmchaffie

Supporting Member
Marketplace
P5050413.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.
Broad-headed Skink in spring mating colors, Congaree NP, Olympus OM1 90mm macro - handheld in camera focus stack

P5110501.jpg
Six-lined Racerunner, First Landing SP VA, Olympus OM1 300f4+1.4tc

P5110587.jpg

Broad-headed Skink in spring mating colors, First Landing SP VA, Olympus OM1 300f4+1.4tc

P5110638.jpg

Broad-headed Skink in spring mating colors, First Landing SP VA, Olympus OM1 300f4+1.4tc

P5110952-Edit.jpg

Eastern Fence Lizard, First Landing SP VA, Olympus OM1 300f4+1.4tc - handheld in camera focus stack

View attachment 61134Broad-headed Skink in spring mating colors, Congaree NP, Olympus OM1 90mm macro - handheld in camera focus stack

View attachment 61135Six-lined Racerunner, First Landing SP VA, Olympus OM1 300f4+1.4tc

View attachment 61137

View attachment 61138

View attachment 61139
Eastern Fence Lizard, First Landing SP VA, Olympus OM1 300f4+1.4tc - handheld in camera focus stack
outstanding series!

Outstanding shots!

I love macro and the in-camera stacking has me very interested in the OM1. In your opinion, how well does it work compared to doing it in Zerene or Helicon??

The OM1 shots appear VERY sharp to my eye.

Outstanding shots!

I love macro and the in-camera stacking has me very interested in the OM1. In your opinion, how well does it work compared to doing it in Zerene or Helicon??

The OM1 shots appear VERY sharp to my eye.
Thanks for commenting, Andrew.

I've been very satisfied with the three Zuiko lens (300f4,90 & 60mm macros) that I have. The OM1 makes in-camera stacking easier to use then previous Olympus bodies (and certainly easier than with my D850). People much more skilled in photography than I sing the praises of these Zuiko lens, especially the 300f4 (even used with a 1.4 tc). Unfortunately, I cannot comment on using Zerene or Helicon as I have yet to purchase either. I often use a inexpensive third party app called "Focus Stacker" (from the Apple app store) if I want a "do over" from the in-camera stacking or if I have captured more than 15 images (as the OM1 can only stack 3-15 images in camera). I find the FS output to be slightly better than the in camera stacking. I would imagine that both Zerene or Helicon would do a superior job; they certainly have more sophisticated stacking algorithms than FS, Affinity or Photoshop and have better error removing tools. If I find myself in need of a more "professional" program, I'd probably go with Helicon, as it is repudiated to be easier to use. But for now, the OM1 in-camera stack is easy to use, fast and gives good results. I think you'd be happy with the OM1 for macro; pair it with the 60mm Zuiko macro and a Raynox 250 and you'd have great compact macro system. capable of ~2x.