Small container for transferring "essentials" from bag to bag

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

I have just a regular fanny pack I use for air travel similar to this: https://www.rei.com/product/186659/cotopaxi-coso-2-l-hip-pack-cada-dia
The advantage of the photographers fanny pack is that it has separate sections in the main compartment and front compartment for batteries, memory cards, cleaning pen, a felt- lined compartment where I can store my clip-on sunglasses without case, a small detachable microfiber cloth on a clip, etc. so it is useful in the field, as well, and makes for a fast switch in the need to change batteries or memory cards. The price is about equivalent in Canadian $.
extra thought: wear this in addition to yours at the airport, one on each hip, with a baggy shirt and you get two extra carry-ons😉

Last edited:
I currently utilize multiple bags/backpacks for photography....and I'm always worried I will forget one of my "essential" items in one bag when I need it in another. By "essential" items...I'm referring to things like spare batteries, memory cards, card reader, charger, multi-tool, etc...

Does anyone make a specific container or pouch as a "catch all" for keeping these items all together? In other words, I would like to be able to just grab one thing and be confident that everything I need is in it.

I'm sure I can repurpose something myself, but was curious if there was a product like this already on the market.
I have bought small medium and large makeup bags from charity shops and keep bits and bobs in Cards spare batteries and leads or mobile charges etc I need with me Every time I come home I empty the camera bag I’m using and put my storage bags together with my K&F filter pouches In to a kallax system storage box. Then next time I’m going out I just take them out of the storage box and place in which ever bag I’m using Of course sometimes I don’t need them all but I get them out put on the side and the one by one decide which goes in the bag and which goes back in to the storage box Prior to sourcing make up bags I used the plastic zipper food bags but they don’t protect stuff as well as makeup bags Hope that helps By way I’m a woman so embroidered the bags with name of items but if you not handy with a needle a permanent marker may work lol

Some options from Think Tank

What Think Tank essentials grab and go I use now just because I like the retrospective line and have 3 of their duffels used when carrying multiple cameras and lenses.

Comes in medium and small and I use the small the most and even stick it in my pocket when I head out chasing birds.

Short distance and wanting only one camera and lens Z9 and Z800 pf I use the bag that came with the Z9 and put in one think tank gear pouch with my black rapids strap and the small or medium retrospective organizer.

For carrying my work laptop and equipment to the office I have a Tom Bihn bag, and as a side effect I've picked up a number of Tom Bihn's organizer pouches. Eventually I realized that they're perfect for my Mindshift Gear Backlight camera bags, as the Backlight series have all these thin pockets that can be hard to reach the bottom of if you have big hands. If I want to switch from the 26L to the 36L Backlight it's easy to transfer a few of these over. I did strip a lot of the stuff out of them recently when I realized I wasn't using most of it.

20240217_213407.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.
20240217_213431.jpg
20240217_213447.jpg
20240217_213709.jpg
20240217_213724.jpg

For carrying my work laptop and equipment to the office I have a Tom Bihn bag, and as a side effect I've picked up a number of Tom Bihn's organizer pouches. Eventually I realized that they're perfect for my Mindshift Gear Backlight camera bags, as the Backlight series have all these thin pockets that can be hard to reach the bottom of if you have big hands. If I want to switch from the 26L to the 36L Backlight it's easy to transfer a few of these over. I did strip a lot of the stuff out of them recently when I realized I wasn't using most of it.

View attachment 81967View attachment 81968View attachment 81969View attachment 81970View attachment 81971
Nice system- I have a TT backpack and yes, some pockets are very deep and stuff gets “lost” at the bottom.

Back