If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

When I first saw them I thought I was looking at someone's stringer of fish until the string swam off with the fish in it's mouth. This snake is about 2.5 foot long. He would swim out about 10 feet and then swim back to the bank and he did that several times, I am not sure why. However, I think he may have bit off more than he could chew. The last picture was taken 1.5 hours after the first picture.

RD5_6178-Water snake.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

RD5_6188-Water snake.jpg

RD5_6223-Water snake.jpg

RD5_6206-Water snake.jpg

Attachments

• RD5_6206-Water snake.jpg
    RD5_6206-Water snake.jpg
    255.8 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Amazing shots!! I‘m not sure if the snake will get this fish down. We had a pond on a previous property that we owned. One day I walked out and saw a five pound bass dead on the shore with a huge 2 or 3 pound bluegill stuffed in its mouth. I guess picking an oversized meal can be fatal!!

When I first saw them I thought I was looking at someone's stringer of fish until the string swam off with the fish in it's mouth. This snake is about 2.5 foot long. He would swim out about 10 feet and then swim back to the bank and he did that several times, I am not sure why. However, I think he may have bit off more than he could chew. The last picture was taken 1.5 hours after the first picture.

View attachment 72809

View attachment 72810

View attachment 72811

View attachment 72813
Robin, Awesome find and sequence. Well done👍👍🎁