Snapbridge Z9 & iPhone 14 WiFi connection problem

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

When trying to transfer photos from the Z9 to my iPhone 14 using the Snapbridge app’s WiFi mode and/or pairing it first to the Bluetooth and than trying to connect to the WiFi, there is a bug that prevents the in app WiFi connectivity . It’s apparently a known issue and there even an app notice about it (see attachment).

My iPhone runs iOS 17.4.1

The Snapbridge version is 2.10.0

I Googled the issue, and been playing with the camera/phone settings, and reinstalling the Snapbridge app according to some online suggestions but nothing helped.

Did anybody here had this issue and found a successful solution??

It is so frustrating - the latest iOS Snapbridge update is from 9 month ago, I have the camera and the iPhone for about a year and didn’t been able to connect to WiFi even on the previous app version ( not sure what iPhone iOS version was a year ago though…).

I guess Nikon programmers are busy updating the z9/z8 firmwares instead of the phone apps- so if that the case - no problems Nikon keep updating the cameras please!!😉

(My old Android 🤖 phone works just fine btw😏)

Attachments

• IMG_5697.jpeg
    IMG_5697.jpeg
    236.6 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
I haven't had issues after the following:
Delete camera from Snapbridge.
Add it again with BT, allowing the BT to open the wifi connection. Not sure of the exact steps. I saw a post somewhere but not sure where.

Thank you @BarkingBeans Coffee ,
did try it but no success.
When I try to establish WiFi connection it’s just getting stuck on this screen , progress 3/4 of the way forever & not able to connect:
Try connecting just to WiFi first to make sure that process is working properly. I couldn't find the step by step I recalled, but did see this.

Delete profiles on camera and iPhone and try again. I know it's a PIA.

Try connecting just to WiFi first to make sure that process is working properly. I couldn't find the step by step I recalled, but did see this.

Delete profiles on camera and iPhone and try again. I know it's a PIA.
Thank you again, appreciate.
I can connect my phone to the camera WiFi not through Snapbridge, but that it. Connection to the WiFi using the Snapbridge app is not working .
Even under the iPhone Settings -> Snapbridge there is no WiFi or Local Network permission option . As if some bug blocking it
👹

Attachments

• IMG_5700.png
    IMG_5700.png
    156.5 KB · Views: 35
Try this; under WIFI connection, go to wifi settings, authentication/encryption, and choose the bottom one. If that doesn't work just choose WPA2
Do you mean the in camera settings:

I did played is those ( all the options under the authentication ) nothing worked

Attachments

• IMG_5701.jpeg
    IMG_5701.jpeg
    1,011.6 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_5702.jpeg
    IMG_5702.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 34
yes those, did you fully delete profiles on camera and phone first. I am out of other ideas. Sorry.

PS I think you mean iOS 17.3.1 which is what I have and Snapbridge 2.1.
Yes I did delete previous profiles . No success with that either .
And yes you’re correct it’s iOS 17.3.1 .
Really strange that some iPhones with the same ios do work and others do not.

Appreciate your efforts 🙂

II think I’ll look for other alternative apps …

This may have been the link I was looking for

Good luck. I can tell you a few times I didn't see the Z9 pop up in the accessories listing, but eventually it did.

Back