Snow Day Photos with new lens

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

JAS

Supporting Member
Marketplace
Yesterday Mother Nature chose to send March on its way with a bit of snow here. I took the opportunity to take my new 100-400 4.5-5.6 with the TC 2.0Zfor a tour around the yard. All shots are at 800mm, f/11, 1/1600sec. Allare 16mp square crops from my Z6. The only issues were operator headspace malfunctions (some of you ex-army guys may remember that term). Anyway, I am pleased with what I captured. All shots processed in LrC. Next week we are off to Kearney for the cranes and hopefully a lot more practice and results for me.

And yes the squirrels (or tree rats as a hard core birder friend of mine calls them) will now require me to replace another bird feeder ass seen in one of the shots.

Mar31-2.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.
Mar31-3.jpg
Mar31-4.jpg
Mar31-5.jpg
Mar31-6.jpg

First go around with the 100-400 quite impressive.
I do like the lens and will improve with practice. it appears to take well to the TCs 1.4 and 2.0 but that requires more skill on the photographer side. Taking it to Kearney, Nebrasks next week for Sandhill cranes. That should help build my experience and, hopefully, my skills along with it.

Back