If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Craig Yuill

Supporting Member
Marketplace
A follow-up to my thread on being thankful that my D500 shot at only 10fps. I took over a thousand photos of Snow Geese, which have been migrating through my area (Vancouver BC, Canada) and probably imported way too many of them into my Lightroom catalog. All were taken with my Nikon D500 and Sigma 100-400mm lens. Here are some of my favorites.
20231113 01 Snow Goose, Muddy Landing-BCG.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

20231113 02 Snow Geese Preparing to Land-BCG.jpg
20231113 03 Snow Goose in Flight-BCG.jpg
20231113 04 Snow Geese in Flight-BCG.jpg
20231113 05 Snow Goose in Flight-BCG.jpg

A follow-up to my thread on being thankful that my D500 shot at only 10fps. I took over a thousand photos of Snow Geese, which have been migrating through my area (Vancouver BC, Canada) and probably imported way too many of them into my Lightroom catalog. All were taken with my Nikon D500 and Sigma 100-400mm lens. Here are some of my favorites.
View attachment 75206
View attachment 75207View attachment 75208View attachment 75209View attachment 75210
Love that second one.👍👍👍They are probably headed my way. They are definitely fun to shoot.

Ralph - about six months ago a large flock of Snow Geese occupied a field near my workplace. I took plenty of photos then, but most of them sucked. I am much happier with these photos.

There are plenty of Canada Geese year round in the Vancouver area. Snow Geese are occasional visitors. I am guessing the same is true for your area. Have fun taking photos of them when they arrive.