Some dragonflies portraits with a new lens

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

jmchaffie

Supporting Member
Marketplace
Recently acquired a refurbished Olympus M.Zuiko 300mm f4.0. Here's a few dragonflies I noticed on a walkabout at a local wildlife refuge couple of days ago ...

Four-spotted Pennant (Brachymesia gravida); Halloween Pennant (Celithemis eponina); Needham's Skimmer (Libellula needhami); Seaside Dragonlet (Erythrodiplax berenice); Blue Dasher (Pachydiplax longipennis)

Olympus OM-D E-MI Mark iii w/ M.Zuiko 300mm f4.0 with and without 1.4 teleconverter
_8030230-Edit.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

_8030113-Edit.jpg

_8030235-Edit.jpg

_8020100-Edit.jpg

_8030340-Edit.jpg

Recently acquired a refurbished Olympus M.Zuiko 300mm f4.0. Here's a few dragonflies I noticed on a walkabout at a local wildlife refuge couple of days ago ...

Four-spotted Pennant (Brachymesia gravida); Halloween Pennant (Celithemis eponina); Needham's Skimmer (Libellula needhami); Seaside Dragonlet (Erythrodiplax berenice); Blue Dasher (Pachydiplax longipennis)

Olympus OM-D E-MI Mark iii w/ M.Zuiko 300mm f4.0 with and without 1.4 teleconverter
View attachment 45094
View attachment 45095
View attachment 45096
View attachment 45101
View attachment 45098
Lovely stuff John 👍👍

Very nice work! Love the colors and details.

I actually dived a bit today in the list of all variations of dragonflies... I have gained new respect for those who can tell which is which :).

Very nice work! Love the colors and details.

I actually dived a bit today in the list of all variations of dragonflies... I have gained new respect for those who can tell which is which :)
I should add the files were camera jpgs processed in LR. Several of the pics also were processed in Topaz DeNoise. But the lens itself has a reputation for being very sharp, and many people are fond of Olympus color processing.

Lol - not an expert at all! I recognize some of the more common species but anything I’m unsure of, I sent to iNaturalist. If you’re not familiar with it, it’s a great site for biological identifications. Give it a try!

Back