If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

DRwyoming

Staff member
Supporting Member
Marketplace
Managed a few early morning visits to these owls over the last week in varying weather and light. Surprised they're still hanging so close now that the trio of owlets have fledged and are mobile but they seem to like this area with a lot of meadows in sparse trees. Hope they stick around a while...

These two chicks seem to hang out together quite a bit with the third and smaller fledgling typically not too far away. These two mostly just hung out on this branch but I liked the way the little one looked up at his squawking bigger sibling.
Z81_4680--20240609-web.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

The adults are usually harder to find the way they blend in but they're usually not too far away.
Z81_4049--20240609-web.jpg

Both the hard to see adults and the fledglings can often be found by looking and listening for smaller birds mobbing them. It seems the Robins and Magpies really don't like the owls hanging around but I was surprised to see this male Bullock's Orioles getting in on the action.
Z81_3115--20240609-web.jpg

He nonchalantly put up with about ten minutes of close fly by passes but finally had enough.
Z81_3188--20240609-web.jpg

Was very happy to spot this little guy down at ground level just after sunrise this morning.
Z81_6260--20240610-web.jpg

With his sibling supervising from a nearby perch
Z81_5982--20240610-web.jpg

Took a while to maneuver around to put this little one against something other than blank sky.
Z81_4303--20240609-web.jpg

Didn't get too many flight shots with them mostly flying away and behind the tangled branches but was happy when this guy launched back in my direction
Z81_6062--20240610-web.jpg

Managed a few early morning visits to these owls over the last week in varying weather and light. Surprised they're still hanging so close now that the trio of owlets have fledged and are mobile but they seem to like this area with a lot of meadows in sparse trees. Hope they stick around a while...

These two chicks seem to hang out together quite a bit with the third and smaller fledgling typically not too far away. These two mostly just hung out on this branch but I liked the way the little one looked up at his squawking bigger sibling.
View attachment 91121

The adults are usually harder to find the way they blend in but they're usually not too far away.
View attachment 91122

Both the hard to see adults and the fledglings can often be found by looking and listening for smaller birds mobbing them. It seems the Robins and Magpies really don't like the owls hanging around but I was surprised to see this male Bullock's Orioles getting in on the action.
View attachment 91123

He nonchalantly put up with about ten minutes of close fly by passes but finally had enough.
View attachment 91124

Was very happy to spot this little guy down at ground level just after sunrise this morning.
View attachment 91125

View attachment 91126

Took a while to maneuver around to put this little one against something other than blank sky.
View attachment 91127

Didn't get too many flight shots with them mostly flying away and behind the tangled branches but was happy when this guy launched back in my direction
View attachment 91128
Fantastic set of images Dave.
Happy trails.

View attachment 91121

View attachment 91122

View attachment 91123

View attachment 91124

View attachment 91125

View attachment 91126

View attachment 91127

View attachment 91128
Some awesome shots! Well done👍👍👍 That last shot is impressive at 1/400 of a sec.

View attachment 91121

View attachment 91122

View attachment 91123

View attachment 91124

View attachment 91125

View attachment 91126

View attachment 91127

View attachment 91128
All great but that first one made me giggle, brilliant calling out for a caption 🤪😂😂😜😄🤭