Some photos from the Reservoir

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Ralph

Supporting Member
Marketplace
Haven’t been to the Manasquan Reservoir since November of last year. Spent about an hour there before the heat & humidity became a problem. Grabbed a few shots of a kingfisher and a green heron. I would have stayed a little longer but my D500 started acting up. It was having a problem with reading the cards. I‘m hoping it was just a bad card. It kept giving me the “E” code instead of showing me the # of photos remaining on the LCD. And every time I attempted to preview shots it gave me a card error code.
DSC_2828-NEF_DxO_DeepPRIME.jpeg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.
DSC_2819.jpeg
DSC_2790-NEF_DxO_DeepPRIME.jpeg
DSC_2789-NEF_DxO_DeepPRIME.jpeg
DSC_2787-NEF_DxO_DeepPRIME.jpeg
DSC_2786-NEF_DxO_DeepPRIME.jpeg
DSC_2784-NEF_DxO_DeepPRIME.jpeg

Haven’t been to the Manasquan Reservoir since November of last year. Spent about an hour there before the heat & humidity became a problem. Grabbed a few shots of a kingfisher and a green heron. I would have stayed a little longer but my D500 started acting up. It was having a problem with reading the cards. I‘m hoping it was just a bad card. It kept giving me the “E” code instead of showing me the # of photos remaining on the LCD. And every time I attempted to preview shots it gave me a card error code.
View attachment 94556View attachment 94557View attachment 94558View attachment 94559View attachment 94560View attachment 94561View attachment 94562
Did you try a different card?

Did you try a different card?
When I got home, I reformatted one card and replaced the one I think caused the issue. Fired 20-30 shots. It seems to be working the way it’s suppose to now but I’m still not convinced yet. I’ll have to take my D500 for a ride and put it through its paces. It’s strange that the card I think was causing the issue was the overflow card not the primary. That’s why I’m still not convinced yet.

Back