Some reworked SA landscape

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Callie

Supporting Member
Marketplace
I spent some time with Blake Rudis' 4 videos on Color Theory ( https://f64academy.com/color-theory-photographers-part-1-4/), especially using solid colour on existing, completed images and I was amazed by how applying his methods could improve the images.
Mkuze Elephants

00625 24X15 D800 1361B&W.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Great Karoo ruin

00694 27X17 D850  4429.jpg

Kruger Buffaloes
00603 18X14 D300 0272.jpg

Start of the Kalahari Lower Dune road at KiKij

00691 24X16W D800 9674 solid color.jpg

Last edited:
The reworking has worked a treat!. Really nice Callie. I detect the use of colour contrast to draw the eye around areas of the image. I must look at Blake's videos to get a better understanding, particularly regards PS.

I spent some time with Blake Rudis' 4 videos on Color Theory ( https://f64academy.com/color-theory-photographers-part-1-4/), especially using solid colour on existing, completed images and I was amazed by how applying his methods could improve the images.
Great images Callie.

Great presentation in that link. I'd also recommend books by Dan Margulis on color theory and ways to incorporate it into your image workflow. His books on using Lab color space in Photoshop and his more generalized Modern Photoshop Color Workflow books are both very good.

Callie,, would love to see couple before and after images here... Very interesting stuff. I watched the video and am looking forward to seeing the rest in the series.

Great images Callie.

Great presentation in that link. I'd also recommend books by Dan Margulis on color theory and ways to incorporate it into your image workflow. His books on using Lab color space in Photoshop and his more generalized Modern Photoshop Color Workflow books are both very good.
Already linked some of dan's stuff... thanks for the tip Dave!

@DRwyoming ; @gordon_g
Thanks Guys, will look.
Gordon, all 4 videos are out, I watched them in August and again now. All the images above were posted in the landscape section before so I did not want to overload the page with images. This url is for video 4. If you open video 2, which you can from here, you cannot watch vid 3. So you have to open the link 3x; once for each of 2-4.
I recommend taking screen shots as it is a LOT of info!

@DRwyoming ; @gordon_g
Thanks Guys, will look.
Gordon, all 4 videos are out, I watched them in August and again now. All the images above were posted in the landscape section before so I did not want to overload the page with images. This url is for video 4. If you open video 2, which you can from here, you cannot watch vid 3. So you have to open the link 3x; once for each of 2-4.
I recommend taking screen shots as it is a LOT of info!
Thanks for that....I will go back and watch the rest tonight. great info!!! Thanks Man!

Callie a lot of really good stuff in those videos.. thanks for posting that. (y)(y)(y) it funny I ne ver really thought about some of that stuff but now I know why my favorite tool in photoshop is the hue saturation tool. great stuff! lot's to take in there.

Callie a lot of really good stuff in those videos.. thanks for posting that. (y)(y)(y) it funny I ne ver really thought about some of that stuff but now I know why my favorite tool in photoshop is the hue saturation tool. great stuff! lot's to take in there.
Pleasure Gordon, you should check out his other videos too! I am also still learning. Also check out PTC and Piximperfect. These 3 guys knows everything you need to know to make your images talk!

Pleasure Gordon, you should check out his other videos too! I am also still learning. Also check out PTC and Piximperfect. These 3 guys knows everything you need to know to make your images talk!
I use Piximperfect all the time that guy is outstanding... will check out PTC and the other stuff on his site. thanks again for the heads up here...!

Back