If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Well I had been waiting a whole year to get back to Sanibel for some shooting especially spoonbills but things were a little weird with the weather this time. Also the red tide must have the birds a little messed up as there were very few ospreys. Anyway one day the light just happened to be perfect which coincided with low tide and there was a frenzy in a few places covered by mangroves and even though I had to muddle along with my seemingly obsolete D850/500 combo I managed to grab a few keepers. And yes you guessed it, the day after I returned from Sanibel my Z9 showed up. This shows a concrete example of what could have been with 20fps vs 7fps for the wing positions below. Anyway I am still grinning and having a blast playing with the Z9. Can't wait to get a chance to try this again with the Z9. Now if only the weather and light cooperates again :)

D85_5658.JPG
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.
D85_5911.JPG
D85_5821.JPG
D85_6095-Edit-2.JPG

D85_5438.JPG

Well I had been waiting a whole year to get back to Sanibel for some shooting especially spoonbills but things were a little weird with the weather this time. Also the red tide must have the birds a little messed up as there were very few ospreys. Anyway one day the light just happened to be perfect which coincided with low tide and there was a frenzy in a few places covered by mangroves and even though I had to muddle along with my seemingly obsolete D850/500 combo I managed to grab a few keepers. And yes you guessed it, the day after I returned from Sanibel my Z9 showed up. This shows a concrete example of what could have been with 20fps vs 7fps for the wing positions below. Anyway I am still grinning and having a blast playing with the Z9. Can't wait to get a chance to try this again with the Z9. Now if only the weather and light cooperates again :)

View attachment 32108View attachment 32111View attachment 32110View attachment 32109

View attachment 32107
Very cool shots of a bunch of long legged beauties. Wow on the reflection factor here, especially #3 with that wing position, beautiful. I also like leg position on the last one, very cool. Love these shots!.

Last edited: