Some various wildlife from my last adventure

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

I mainly shoot wildlife and stage rally. Got back about a week ago from Central UP Rally Iron Mule in Felch, MI. It has sections of road with some history, stages that the World Rally Championship competed on the in the 1970's.....until a Lancia Stratos went 100mph+ through the town of Felch and shut the whole thing down since they were not following local laws on public road. Cars must be insured an street legal for the transit section from the rally headquarters to the closed competition road sections. Any way, we camped with some of the teams like we usually do and had a great time! Its interesting to me how calm everything is before the stages are closed compared to how intense it get when the competition cars head out. I usually volunteer as a stage marshal to keep an eye on various intersections to help keep the public safe and get myself a media badge too. With my hi-viz vest of invulnerability and nerves of steel there are opportunities for some stellar shots. I like the mix of the action and wildlife in the same weekend.

The kingfisher, Heron and Ospreys were all around the lake that we camped at.

The nighthawk flew over while the cars were regrouping and about to head by my way. (I almost had to dodge a surprise from it!)

And finally the other "wildlife" Our camp mates ended up rolling their car doing about 70mph, roll cage got bent but the driver and codriver were uninjured. They ended up on a boulder about the size of their car. They got dragged off it by the recovery teams and managed to drive the couple miles back to the rally headquarters! Our business sticker on their fiberglass roof vent somehow survived.

Our other campmates rally as a family, their son checking out the aerodynamics!

I'd recommend checking out a stage rally if you ever get a chance. Great people, great atmosphere, and it's a racing event that take place out in nature.

Thanks for looking!

_DSC9142-Enhanced-NR.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

_DSC9163-Enhanced-NR.jpg

_DSC9184-Enhanced-NR.jpg

_DSC0797-Enhanced-NR.jpg

_DSC0826-Enhanced-NR.jpg

_DSC1327-Enhanced-NR.jpg

_DSC1351-Enhanced-NR.jpg

_DSC9274-Enhanced-NR-2.jpg

Back