Some video from a Loon Workshop in British Columbia

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Always hard choosing which videos to splice together from a shoot (I try to keep it short, about a minute or so). Put some of the loon calling, papa feeding a chick on mama's back and one of the chicks picking flies off mama's neck. From the Connor/Jess workshop in British Columbia. Partly taken with my 400mm f/4.5 on the Z9 and some with the 800mm PF on the Z8. All were taken handheld from a small boat.

On Flickr:

Spending a morning with some common loons by ricardo00, on Flickr

On Youtube:

Excellent! Good use of slow-mo and well stablized (very tricky to do when shooting long lenses from a small water craft). I like "shorts" but this was so well done it could have been a bit longer...everyone loves loons! :)

Excellent! Good use of slow-mo and well stablized (very tricky to do when shooting long lenses from a small water craft). I like "shorts" but this was so well done it could have been a bit longer...everyone loves loons! :)
Thank you so much Garfield! And did also wonder if it should be longer, so very glad to hear you say that!

My goodness Ricardo, these clips are simply wonderful - the audio, the video, the colours, the works! You've done such a fine job on them in every way... a real pleasure to watch.
I agree with Gary, your videos need to be longer, you've served us the fries, but we want the burger too! (y) (y) (y) ;)
Keep 'em coming,
Rudy

My goodness Ricardo, these clips are simply wonderful - the audio, the video, the colours, the works! You've done such a fine job on them in every way... a real pleasure to watch.
I agree with Gary, your videos need to be longer, you've served us the fries, but we want the burger too! (y) (y) (y) ;)
Keep 'em coming,
Rudy
Thank you so much Rudy! Will look into adding some more clips to the video.
Ricardo

Always hard choosing which videos to splice together from a shoot (I try to keep it short, about a minute or so). Put some of the loon calling, papa feeding a chick on mama's back and one of the chicks picking flies off mama's neck. From the Connor/Jess workshop in British Columbia. Partly taken with my 400mm f/4.5 on the Z9 and some with the 800mm PF on the Z8. All were taken handheld from a small boat.

On Flickr:

Spending a morning with some common loons by ricardo00, on Flickr

On Youtube:
Awesome sequence Ricardo. Love the chick nipping at the mom’s neck

Awesome sequence Ricardo. Love the chick nipping at the mom’s neck
Thank you so much Ralph! According to our guide, the chick was trying to catch some bugs that would land on mom's neck. I tried to catch that in a picture, but none of my photos actually show a bug in the chicks mouth though one could see bugs swirling around.

Keep 'em coming,
Rudy
Okay, a slightly longer version for those who love loons:

Okay, went through the video I had of the loons and added a bit more if interested (though probably the better clips were already in the shorter version)

Okay, went through the video I had of the loons and added a bit more if interested (though probably the better clips were already in the shorter version)
Thanks for doing this Ricardo. I agree, the best clips were in your short video, but the other clips are also lovely and worthy of viewing. Sorry if this put a burden on you. Great job hand holding.
Cheers,
Rudy

Thanks for doing this Ricardo. I agree, the best clips were in your short video, but the other clips are also lovely and worthy of viewing. Sorry if this put a burden on you. Great job hand holding.
Cheers,
Rudy
No problem Rudy. Always like to go back and make sure I didn't miss anything. Took a bunch of video so worth reviewing and saving some of these other clips.

Back