If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Wink Jones

Supporting Member
Marketplace
I was going fishing on the first of July with a friend. Since we fish out of a canoe, I did not bring my Z9 with me.

On the way, we stopped along the highway and took a picture of the sunrise with my phone. It was beautiful, but not a keeper.

Fishing July 1 2023-554.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

On the way to the pond after we turned off the main road, we were on a narrow one lane road, which was bordered by some spectacular looking thistles. I stopped and pointed out to my friend that I thought the thistles would actually be blooming when we left the pond in a few hours.

Here is the pond, about nine acres in the early summer, not a puff of wind, and yes, I know I should have trimmed some of the branches away, but this is the view from where we parked. Not a puff of wind.

Mirror Pond July 1.jpg

We fished for a few hours, caught and released more than 50 bass from 1 to 3 pounds each. Just a gloriously successful day.

On the way out, I noticed the thistles had indeed blossomed and they were attracting a multitude of bumble bees. I got out of my truck and took a few photos with my phone,
this is the best of the bunch.

Fishing July 1-1.jpg

Some days it just all comes together. I have a metallic print of the pond and a canvas of the bees on my living room walls, and memories that will last me for a LONG time.